[Asterisk-Users] UK ISDN2e with DDI?

Dogers dogers at the-marines.com
Wed Dec 7 09:24:09 MST 2005

Quoting John Daragon <john at argv.co.uk>:

> Patrick Lidstone (Personal E-mail) wrote:
> >>We're about ready to go ahead with a nice 6 line (maybe later
> >>8) ISDN setup with Asterisk at Home and the quad Junghanns card.
> >>
> >>Before we do, could anyone confirm for me that BT's ISDN2e
> >>lines do actually provide Asterisk with the DDI number? We
> >>need to be able to route incoming calls based on which number
> >>is ringing.
>
> Yes they do. For DDI ranges you'll need to ask BT for a "System Access"
> installation (sometimes known as "Point-to-Point") and configure the
> Junghanns appropriately.

I'll have to check that, I guess - find out what they're set as!

> I'm probably just an old fogey with a programming background, but I find
> straight Asterisk *so* much easier to configure than a at h.

True, I've used bare Asterisk at home for my small get up, but A at H just does
everything we need it to do here at the office (including the "nice and pretty"
call log side of things that AMP provides!)

> When you say "ringtones", do you mean "sounds like a UK phone when it
> rings", or "sounds like a UK phone when we ring someone else" ?

It does actually sound okay when we ring someone else, but when it rings, it has
the long single american style ring. I've come across a few places that claim
its built into the Grandstream and I'd have to create and upload a new one..
but I've also found others that say to edit various config files, which has had
no effect (indications.conf and zaptel.conf both have the zone as uk.. Theres
nowhere else it needs to be set, is there?).

Andrew