[Asterisk-Users] ZapHFC cards not maintaining sync?!

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Mon Dec 5 01:45:09 MST 2005

On Mon, December 5, 2005 7:22, Remco Barende said:

>> Already HAVE Florz patch installed!  :-(
>> What version of * and BRIstuff are you using?
>
> Strange, sounds like the florz patch has not been effectively applied or
> it's broken. I'm using an old version of bristuff :
> Asterisk 1.0.9-BRIstuffed-0.2.0-RC8n built by root at localhost.localdomain
> on a x86_64 running Linux

The patch applied fine, No errors, nor .rej files

> I had an issue compiling it for x86_64 though, but that's a
> different question.
>
>> I assumed as much when I saw your last name... :-)
>> Whereabouts in NL? I'm in Zoetermeer (ZH)...
>
> Amsterdam, but the ISDN setup I installed near Leiden (ZH) :)

Close enough!  ;-)

>>> That's too slow, it should happen about every 1-2 seconds or so. The d
>>> channel going down and up again is normal behaviour.
>>
>> I know it is. Used to work for a Networking Competence Centre, and we
>> had
>> the same kind of issues with 3Com Netbuilders. The first call attempt
>> after the D Channel was torn down always failed... The only solution was
>> to get KPN to turn on the D Channel permanently...
>
> Strange, I never had that problem before. When the * box gets up I can
> immediately make calls. Also the standard KPN A/B equipment doesn't have
> this problem, sounds like it's more 3Com related.

It was... 3Com didn't recover from the tear-down. Only solution was
preventing the teardown  ;-)

> One problem I have found with bristuff (and no solution yet), if you
> disconnect the ISDN line from the * box (or the ISDN line is out of order
> for a short while), bristuff will not re-establish the connection. It is
> then required to unload all the modules and re-load them or even worse,
> reboot the box. I guess that is a specific bristuff problem. All calls to
> the ISDN line fail and it's not possible to make any calls. Even after
> several hours bristuff doesn't setup the line connection.

Not seen that yet... I can unplug the line, plug it in again and it'll
bring it back up...

>> I noticed that the 'deactivated' issue doesn't happen for a while after
>> call has been placed.
>>
>> I am now testing placing a call every minute, with a 100 ms timeout
>> using
>> the manager api. This means it never actually gets a chance to get
>> through, or be picked up, but it does cause activity on the D channel.
>>
>> This has been running for half an hour now, and I haven't seen the
>> channel
>> go down for extended periods since.
>>
>> I'm not sure whether the KPN will like it, but it's an interesting test
>> run!  <G>
>>>
>>> Good luck with our Royal Dutch KPN, but I would try florz first :)
>>>

>> Tell me about it! Like I said above, we had *extensive* experience with
>> them over the D Channel issue!

It is in NL, but that is because the KPN have decided to do it that way.
*Normal* PSTN's keep D channel alive

> Weird, I checked with KPJ before and he mentioned it is normal behaviour
> for ISDN. My console is filled with messages like this :
>    == Primary D-Channel on span 1 up
>    == Primary D-Channel on span 1 down
>    == Primary D-Channel on span 1 up
>    == Primary D-Channel on span 1 down
>    == Primary D-Channel on span 1 up
>    == Primary D-Channel on span 1 down
>
> and it doesn't cause me any issues. It would be nice to 'hide' these
> messages when not in very verbose mode to avoid cluttering up the console.
> The messages indeed do appear about every 10 seconds or so.

Yep...

--
Francesco Peeters
----