Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Linksys SPA-941 Admin Guide

alan alan at pair.com
Fri Dec 2 13:43:42 MST 2005

> Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Linksys SPA-941 Admin Guide

John Novack <jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org> wrote:

> Is the 941 available yet?

Yes, we've received 2 for evaluation from VOIPsupply.com.

> What improvements have they made.

>From an external view, it's a drastically different phone. It looks
more like Cisco's other phones, than the SPA-841.

The software seems very similar, though I have not had a chance to put
it through full testing yet.

> Backlit display?

No. It's much larger, has higher resolution, and slightly better
contrast, but it's still not ideal.

Other external changes include:
- 4 soft keys instead of 2
- higher quality buttons (not "squishy" anymore), though I can't comment
  on size and placement w.r.t your preferences.
- much more visible "ringing" LED

Performance wise, I can only repeat what I've read in reviews, since as
I said I haven't put them to use much (though will soon, now that
there's an admin guide): that it has a higher quality handset and a
usable speakerphone.

Alan Ferrency
pair Networks, Inc.
alan at pair.com