Fw: Re: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Zaptel errors on Debian

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sun Dec 4 01:37:13 MST 2005

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 10:06:09PM -0800, Geo wrote:
> "Message not sent "
>
> Right, not the comma separator
>
> I still have 2 small questions:
>
> 1) I have the following warnings:
>
> WARNING[2943]: chan_zap.c:10916 setup_zap: Ignoring :callreturn
>
> WARNING[2943]: res_musiconhold.c:124 spawn_mp3: /usr/share/asterisk/mohwav is not a valid directory
> WARNING[2943]: res_musiconhold.c:278 monmp3thread: unable to spawn mp3player

This is harmless, basically. The mp3 files that are distributed with
Asterisk have a problematic license and are thus not included in the
Debian package (and even removed from the source package).

BTW: playing mp3 files for music-on-hold is a waste of CPU cycles, as
you need to transcode and down-sample the files over and over again.
Which is why I have integrated a "wavplayer" in our (Xorcom Rapid) 1.0
packages. 1.2 should support native music on hold but I didn't yet get
to try it.

> Ofcourse, I have no more chan_zap.c nor res_musiconhold.c.
> Musiconhold=no in zapata still warnings CLI  >
>
>  2) How can I remove BRIstuffed ?

I'm working on providing non-bristuffed packages.