[Asterisk-Users] Softphone setup

Colt D. Majkrzak majkrzak at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 23:15:40 MST 2005

Hello Everyone,

I've recently been attempting to add a soft phone for us to use outside our
office setup.  The box is a Asterisks / Fonality server.  I've added a new
entry in the sip.conf for a 'siptest' user, and this allows the sip phone
itself to login to the server great.  The problem I am facing is when I try
to dial another extension in the office or an outside line like I would do
on our hardware phones, I get the message "Call not approved".  Also I would
really like the ability to add this soft phone entry into our phone hardware
list in the Fonality control panel, to make it easier for the non-linux
people in the office to work with the system.  Does anyone know how I could
get this setup or could somebody point me in the right direction?  Google
hasn't been to kind in my quest to get this answer solved.

Thanks very much!