[Asterisk-Users] Sangoma & Asterisk at home

Jess Coburn jess.coburn at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 16:24:22 MST 2005

I just wanted to say thanks to everything that provided feedback and
assistance on this. I have AAH2.1 running with my Sangoma T1 card. Here's a
few of the gotchas I ran into and my process, please note I'm not an
asterisk expert and this could be totally wrong but here's what worked for
me:

1. you have to compile and install the sangoma files, there's a doc wiki at
sangoma.editme.com that should help
2. you have to remove ztdummy from the start up modules. I don't know the
most elegant way to do this but I edited /etc/init.d/zaptel and commented
out the line that loads it
3. you have to configure the sangoma card using wancfg (very important)
4. edit the etc/zaptel.conf and etc/asterisk/zapata.conf files

That's it so far...

Jess