[Asterisk-Users] updating display of a hardphone based on agents logging in

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 07:08:23 MST 2005

 I've been thinking about how one would accomplish the same thing.
I've got a CTI enabled GUI that tells the agent that they're logged in
with the call centers that I've deployed thus far, but it's not quite
the same as the agent just being able to look at the phone as well and
know that they're logged in or not.

 You've got the Snom 320's, so maybe the most straight forward thing
to do would be to use the Hint application with them to light a status
LED when an agent is logged in and have it go dark when the agent is
logged out. Are you using AgentCallBack? I wonder if Hint could be
used to status the agent channel itself. Hmmmmmmm. Will have to check
this out a little bit more. :-)