[Asterisk-Users] updating display of a hardphone based on agents logging in

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Aug 25 10:40:57 MST 2005

Hi!

I haven't done this myself (yet), but look at app_devstate that comes
with the bristuff patches to toggle one of the SNOM LEDs as needed.

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-
index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+BristuffDevstate

Other - more clumsy - ideas would include a) making Asterisk call itself
and then use hint to show that status when an agent is logged in, or b)
misuse the voicemail indication (display and LED) together with
fabricated VM.

> logged out. Are you using AgentCallBack? I wonder if Hint could be
> used to status the agent channel itself. Hmmmmmmm. Will have to check
> this out a little bit more. :-)
> >
> >     My question is has anyone out there done anything from Asterisk that can
> > change the display on a VoIP hardphone?  We are currently using the Snom 320
> > and the Aastra 9133i.

Cheers, Philipp