[Asterisk-Users] updating display of a hardphone based on agents logging in

Franklin Webb fwebb at imminc.com
Thu Aug 25 06:54:38 MST 2005

Greetings all,
    We are settng up a fair sized call center on Asterisk, but we are
having some issues with our agents not knowing if they have logged in
and logged out.  Prior to beginning our migration to VoIP the agents
logged into our nortel phones and confirmation was displayed on the
phone.

    My question is has anyone out there done anything from Asterisk that
can change the display on a VoIP hardphone?  We are currently using the
Snom 320 and the Aastra 9133i.  Thus far the only ideas we've had have
involved trying to figure out if you can send back something from the
caller ID to change it on the phone, or maybe I could get away with
using SMS to send a message and that might be enough for the agents.

    Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated.

                                    Thanks,
                                        Frank Webb