[Asterisk-Users] DECT gateways

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Wed Aug 17 23:48:03 MST 2005

Hi!

I have the Kirk IP600, technically it's great and *the* best solution for
wireless phones and VOIP. WiFi phones plainly suck for a dozen of reasons
and IMHO are totally useless.

However, here comes the bad part. Currently you need to use the chan_sccp
driver to talk to it and that is not the most stable driver. I'm still
battling to get it to work properly using 4 phones.

Kirk (sold as Tiptel in NL) is rumoured to support standard SIP, the
firmware was due to be released right about now. Haven't heard anything
from Kirk support on this however and the last thing I heard was that they
still had to start working on it in July. But that's just rumours.

Cheers!
Remco