[Asterisk-Users] DECT gateways

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Thu Aug 18 00:17:47 MST 2005

> Hi Michiel,
>
> I have a Kirk set which should be able to do H323, but I haven't had time yet
> to try it. They have SCCP and H323 types, and ofcourse there are sets which
> can be connected via an E1 link.

I tried H323, it has some severe problems (at least with asterisk). First
of all it is complicated, you need a gatekeeper too and even worse, it is
impossible to transfer a call. Maybe acceptable in a home environment but
certainly not anywhere were you need to hold/transfer a call

I should still have my config files somewhere if interested mail me
offlist

BTW every Kirk set can do H323, for Skinny (Cisco) you need an extra
license (just a pincode). The Cisco version is just as expensive and can
do both. If you buy a new one, get the Cisco version :)