[Asterisk-Users] DECT gateways

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Thu Aug 18 09:25:04 MST 2005

On 08:48, Thu 18 Aug 05, Remco Barende wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have the Kirk IP600, technically it's great and *the* best solution for
> wireless phones and VOIP. WiFi phones plainly suck for a dozen of reasons
> and IMHO are totally useless.
>
> However, here comes the bad part. Currently you need to use the chan_sccp
> driver to talk to it and that is not the most stable driver. I'm still
> battling to get it to work properly using 4 phones.
>
> Kirk (sold as Tiptel in NL) is rumoured to support standard SIP, the
> firmware was due to be released right about now. Haven't heard anything
> from Kirk support on this however and the last thing I heard was that they
> still had to start working on it in July. But that's just rumours.
>
> Cheers!
> Remco

Hi,

Do you have trouble to get the Kirk phones working or just
any SCCP device ?
I use it with 7905's and it is rockstable here. WAY better
then the SIP firmware/chan_sip combi (loosing registration,
bad audio, sucky monitor).

Florian, just ship it and I will test it, write wiki page,
make test report, certify it ;)
--
Michiel van Baak
http://michiel.vanbaak.info