[Asterisk-Users] Switch between FXS ports

Paul Dugas paul at dugas.cc
Mon Aug 15 12:57:15 MST 2005

On Mon, August 15, 2005 3:50 pm, Rich Adamson said:
> That's exactly what I do with our business line. "Call Forward on Busy" is
> a common description for that telco service. (I simply forward that next
> call to an unlisted/unpublished number which also terminates in Asterisk.)

In my very limited experience, "Call Forward on Busy" will only work once.
 In my situation, I have two POTS lines from the telco and a VoIP service
provider.  I had the telco enable "Call forward on Busy" so Line-1 rolled
over to Line-2 and Line-2 rolled over to the VoIP carrier.  I setup a
group of users to call in on the number for Line-1.

  - The first caller go in on Line-1
  - The second caller got in on Line-2
  - the others got busy signals.

This may just be my telco.

Paul

--
Paul Dugas, Computer Engineer           Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul at dugas.cc     phone: 404-932-1355   522 Black Canyon Park