[Asterisk-Users] Switch between FXS ports

Marc Storck marc.storck at msnetworks.lu
Mon Aug 15 12:13:15 MST 2005

The Call Forward On Busy does cost YOU money each time you forward a call.

Call hunting group is different from Call forwarding.

In a hunt group you have 2 or more phone lines grouped together. When a
call for a number associated with the group comes into the telco switch,
the switch checks which lines inside the group are available, then the
switch selects one of the available lines where it will send the call
to. This selection is done using a predefined algorythm (random, round
robin, ascending, descending,....)

Call hunting groups are also in most times used on  a T1 PRI or E1 PRI.
When a call comes in for a phonenumber associated with the T1/E1 only 1
channel will ring.

Some telcos may charge additional fees to setup a call hunting group,
but in cases you make a certain usage of Call forwarding, it may be less
expensive to use a call hunting group.

Best regards,

Marc

Rich Adamson wrote:
>>>I have two FXS port on my TDM card.
>>>channel 4 is attached with a telco line that I use frequently. And channel 3
>>>have another telco line. but I dont publish that number to my friends.
>>>If I receive a call through channel 4, how can I handover that call to
>>>channel 3 ..so that I can keep channel 4 open for incoming call.
>>>

>>Basically, you'd need to have the telco have the phone calls auto
>>forwarded to the next available line.  That's pretty common for them to do.
>

> That's exactly what I do with our business line. "Call Forward on Busy" is
> a common description for that telco service. (I simply forward that next
> call to an unlisted/unpublished number which also terminates in Asterisk.)

CTO                            Marc Storck
MS Networks SA                 mstorck at msnetworks.lu
IT Service Provider            http://www.msnetworks.lu
15, route d'Esch               Phone: +352 2727 3030
L-4450 Belvaux                 Fax:   +352 2727 3060

--------------- MS Networks powered service ---------------
http://www.LuxAdmin.com       Hosting and housing solutions