SV: [Asterisk-Users] Cisco and "protocol application invalid"

Joseph tech at ekn.com
Mon Aug 15 08:47:03 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 17:28 +0200, Bjørn Ove Kristiansen wrote:
> Hello!
>
> The issue is simply that I don't know which IP address the phone tries to
> connect to. I am not very familiar with dhcpd (never put it up by hand), so
> I'm not sure how the below would help me, but from what I can tell, I still
> need information on which IP-address the phone is trying to find its tftp
> on, right?

Hook the phone directly with a crossover cable to a linux box.

Run tcpdump, and see what it needs/wants. And then give it that :)

You might need to have dhcp and tftpserver installed locally and running
to get it happy.

But you could set that port to the ip it is looking for, etc etc.

I have seen this error message when the phone is give P00xxxxxx instead
of the P0S or vice versa.

--
respectfully, Joseph