[Asterisk-Users] receiving calls from FWD

John Fawcett johnml at michaweb.net
Sat Aug 13 06:14:37 MST 2005

I have successfully configured asterisk to make outgoing calls over FWD,
but cannot receive incoming calls. The console shows no messages,
even though an XTEN client on the same network has no problems receiving
incoming calls.

This is the relevant part of sip.conf

[general]
register => 688426:xxxxxxxx at fwd.pulver.com/6000

[fwd.pulver.com]
type=friend
username=688426
fromuser=688426
secret=xxxxxxx
dtmfmode=inband
host=fwd.pulver.com
port=5060
nat=yes
canreinvite=no
externip=194.185.53.47
localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0

I orignally tried without the last two lines, then
added these and forwarded all ports from
the NAT to the asterisk server, but still no result.

Is anyone with asterisk behind a NAT successfully receiving calls
from FWD? Can you give me any pointers on the above configuration?

I realize that I could also try IAX which is supported by FWD, but
I'm having this problem with another SIP provider too, so I'd like
to get it working for SIP.

Thanks,
John