[Asterisk-Users] receiving calls from FWD

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Sat Aug 13 06:24:51 MST 2005

On 15:14, Sat 13 Aug 05, John Fawcett wrote:
> I have successfully configured asterisk to make outgoing calls over FWD,
> but cannot receive incoming calls. The console shows no messages,
> even though an XTEN client on the same network has no problems receiving
> incoming calls.
>
> This is the relevant part of sip.conf
>
> [general]
> register => 688426:xxxxxxxx at fwd.pulver.com/6000
>
> [fwd.pulver.com]
> type=friend
> username=688426
> fromuser=688426
> secret=xxxxxxx
> dtmfmode=inband
> host=fwd.pulver.com
> port=5060
> nat=yes
> canreinvite=no
> externip=194.185.53.47
> localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
>
> I orignally tried without the last two lines, then
> added these and forwarded all ports from
> the NAT to the asterisk server, but still no result.
>
> Is anyone with asterisk behind a NAT successfully receiving calls
> from FWD? Can you give me any pointers on the above configuration?
>
> I realize that I could also try IAX which is supported by FWD, but
> I'm having this problem with another SIP provider too, so I'd like
> to get it working for SIP.

Hi,

Those 2 lines about externip and localnet should go before
any register or phone/provider stanza.

Check if you are registered to fwd/other sip provider.
In asterisk CLI type: sip show registry.

If you forwarded all ports that are stated in rtp.conf and
the 5060 to the asterisk box it should work. At least it
does here.
--
Michiel van Baak
http://michiel.vanbaak.info