[Asterisk-Users] Possibly bad FXS module in TDM400P?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Fri Aug 12 07:16:57 MST 2005

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 08:46:45AM -0400, Jeff Borders wrote:
> I've got the latest zaptel and cvs asterisk software loaded on my phone
> server running FC3.  And yes, It's fully updated and udev is setup
> correctly.  I've got a TDM400P with one FXS and one FXO module
> installed.  When I load zaptel and wctdm and run ztcfg -vvv, I get this:
>
> [root at asterisk ~]# ztcfg -vvv
> ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such device or address (6)

ztcfg failed to actually perform the ioctl-s on the devices. Is the
module loaded?

  lsmod | grep zaptel
  ls -l /proc/zaptel/*

> Zaptel Configuration
>

> Channel map:
>
> Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
> Channel 02: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)
>
> 2 channels configured.

This is the output from? doesn't ztcfg givr the error above?

> Regardless of my configuration, it should show up in ztcfg, right?

ztcfg first reprorts (when verbose enough) the channels/spans configured in
zaptel.conf and only then opens device files.