[Asterisk-Users] T1 versus PRI

gw at adcomcorp.com gw at adcomcorp.com
Mon Aug 8 23:51:23 MST 2005

Hello All,
I was wondering.  What are the primary advantages to using a PRI over a
T1?  As I understand it, the PRI terminates very fast, meaning you can
do immediate answer and dial...  This is very handy on the BRI line I
have on the asterisk.

Can T1 signalling also do immediate answer, or does it just behave like
a channelized pots line and ring as usual?

I am trying to determine if I should use a pri between a pbx and
asterisk, but PRI costs about double to implement.

I do however enjoy the fast connect time...

Thanks,
Greg