[Asterisk-Users] Snom 360 and firmware 4.0 problem

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Sun Aug 7 05:35:31 MST 2005

On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 08:50:58AM +0200, Christian Stredicke wrote:
> Please take a look at http://www.snom.com/howto40.html. We tried to make
> the upgrade procedure as smooth as possible, if you are having problems
> please tell us and we will try to make it more simple. For example, if
> you have a batch of phones give us an email and we will send you the
> files in one go.
>
> New phones dont need that upgrade procedure. It is only necessary when
> you are crossing the 4.0 version border. For example, all 320 already
> have the certificate installed already, so for 320 there is no need to
> go throught the procedure.
>
> For release notes for 4.0, please check out
> http://www.snom.com/snom360_release_notes.html.

I found the license issue info on the website.  So my question boils down to
this:

Does this explain why they would not register, or do I have to worry that
there is some new setting which caused the problem?  I do not want to go
through the pain of upgrading the customer's phones (probably with a site
visit) only to find that I have to downgrade them and go though it again with
4.1.

Also, is there any way to tell the phone, *before a reboot* that I want it to
update the firmware?  I do most of my maintenance remotely, and I can tell the
phones where to find new firmware and clicking "Load" will start the reboot
process.

However, I need a person there to press the Check button so that it will
really update the firmware.  Is there any way around this so that I can update
the phone after-hours and remotely?

Thank you...  Not just for this answer, but for all the answers I get from
this list!  I've been working with asterisk for a bit over a year, though I do
not know near as much as many of you.  I try to chime in with answers when I
can, but I have received much more info from this list than I have contributed.

This list is a true shining example of how Open Source Software can work!