[Asterisk-Users] Re: Polycom phones

chris gamble chris.gamble at cpbinc.com
Sat Aug 6 07:29:53 MST 2005

>> Just got in a bunch of polycom phones for use on my shiny new
>> asterisk box, but found 2 small issues I was wandering if someone
>> could help me with.
>
> Are you using AMP or Asterisk @ Home?
>
>> First, though the phones support 2 call appearances, if I am on a
>> call, the second call does not ring through -- it goes to voicemail
>> instead of letting me put the first on hold to talk to the second. Is
>> there a way to fix this?
>>
>> If you are then you need to turn call waiting on * 70
>>
>> The second is: a lot of my phones will not ring for internal
>> extensions. They show up on the screen as a call ringing in, but the
>>  phone itself wont ring. About 50% however do ring. What could cause
>> this?
>
> Are the phone registered correctly? What are the settings you have on them.
>
>> As usual, thank you all for your kind  support in getting this far!

Several hours of research after putting this in:
I am using asterisk at home, and my now my real issue is that i am trying
to find out how to turn call waiting on by default. will be posting this
with the AAH forums while looking for documentation on app-callwaiting.

As per the internal ring -- my settings on the sip side are:

username=221
type=friend
secret=221
record_out=On-Demand
record_in=On-Demand
qualify=500
progressinband=no
port=5060
pickupgroup=1
nat=never
mailbox=221 at default
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=from-internal
canreinvite=no

i wander if the issue is not somehow related to speed dial entries ( which
i have all extensions defined for. However, i did have the RingType
defined as 1, but with the inconsistancy i've found with these phones, i
would be surprised if RT 1 is silent on some of them.. will be
investigating further on monday.

thanks again!