[Asterisk-Users] Features you'd like to see in a GUI?

gw at adcomcorp.com gw at adcomcorp.com
Thu Aug 4 21:56:05 MST 2005

I have to agree, in a world where ip telephony is emerging as a next
generation pbx system, you have to expect that companies will offer it
on their terms.  Unhappy customers go with the territory, but in a
business sense bicom is only trying to support their product the best
that they can.

After all, this is open source, all of us have to support it, make
suggestions, and do what we can to further the technology.

If someone does not like the product, they can go somewhere else, it's a
free country.  This list however, is not a place to take out your anger
because you are not happy.

I have seen corporations invest over 50K in products, and an up
scratching it for something else. Anyone seen the latest voipsupply
sales on cisco equipment, what do you think caused that?

I have spent a lot of money myself on things in which I was not happy
with the outcome, including products from Cisco and many others, but I
have not tried to publically bash the companies.  After all, they do
need to pay their expenses and such.  I can say that what I have learned
has proven to be an important skill, one which will only be beneficial
in the future.

Sounds like someone expects too much...

This list is a valuable resource for all of us who wish to use voice
over ip telephony to both further our knowledge and experise, and use
these skills to benefit ourselves, and our clients.

If everyone was unhappy with products in the market, there would be no
new innovations.

Personally, I think if a person has a problem, they should either do
something to correct it by creating something better, or keep their
offensive opionions to themselves.

Just my 2 cents...

Regards,
Greg