ARTCP Project (was RE: [Asterisk-Users] Features you'd like to see in a GUI?)

Sherwood McGowan madprofzero at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 5 06:06:39 MST 2005

I'd like to officially "reclaim" the Features in a GUI thread ;)

Asterisk Hackers, Admins, and general digital phreakers of old,
After careful consideration, the ARTCP project will probably have to be
split into two major sections, both distros or at least maps for a system to
be designed as well as the software we develop.

Section 1. ARTCP Provider
  This version will be a distro including the designed
management/enduser/billing software hooking into an asterisk RT installation
using pre-set mysql schemas. The reasoning for this is that it's much easier
to design a database driven php package when you know what the schema will
be.

Section 2. ARTCP PBX
  Intended for medium to large pbx's for endusers that want RealTime
performance, this project will be a distro with less overall features, but
more than enough to handle PBX functions and more.

Possible Section 3? AI-PBX Cpanel? (name?)
  This version will be the same as ARTCP PBX, but not running the RT version
of Asterisk.

All the above sections should have:
A complete branded distribution of linux, as small as possible.
Bacula backup system
Zabbix monitoring system
Asterisk (STABLE)
All Asterisk apps/modules that are required for final product
PHP
MySQL
Apache
Samba (for end user uploading music on hold files)
Webmin (for end user control of system)

I'd like to try and get anyone interested in contributing code work to join
me in an online IRC chatroom sometime around August 17, 2005. Please reply
(just please erase the [Asterisk-Users] section of your subject, otherwise
it'll get trapped in the general list folder due to message moving rules) to
me directly, and we'll get everyone's availability worked out.

I'll take contributions of funds as well to be split across the developers,
but won't look for donations before at least some cursory info has been
released to show that the project is at least happening ;)

Cheers all, and I hope to see interest in getting this going.

Sherwood McGowan