[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk payphone with voipjet for retail/resale purposes

gw at adcomcorp.com gw at adcomcorp.com
Thu Aug 4 21:25:23 MST 2005

Hello all,
I just had an idea dawn on me,

I could put a payphone in an area where there is a large immigrant
population, but the problem is, although payphones are available, is
there anything out there that could charge a customer based on a
predefined schedule?

For example, since I have voipjet one of my providers, if I decided to
increment their rates by 2c/min, is there any hardware that could
achieve billing at that rate, much similar to a calling card with
variable rates?

I could even have someone sit there and collect money, but would need
some kind of infrastructure to handle it.

I thank Guinness for the idea :), for without it I would not have come
up with this.

Anyhow if anyone has done something like this the input would be
appreciated.  At this point I have been using asterisk to my delight in
my home / multiple office scenario.

Regards,
Greg