[Asterisk-Users] Cisco ATA and a PayPhone

Andres andres at telesip.net
Thu Aug 4 21:02:10 MST 2005

Mark Johnson wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
>> I've done this using SPA-2000, SPA-2000 can generate polarity
>> reversal signal, The pay-phone detects "call answer" and "hangup" by
>> revesal signal.
>> also the pay-phone must be supported polarity reversal detection.
>>
> Anyone got any suggestions?  I need to know what piece of hardware I
> need (ATA preferably) that allows me to pick up an analog phone, sit
> idle and not get the reorder tones for at least 1 minute.  I am
> currently using a Cisco ATA-188 and I get them at 10 seconds.  I've
> monkeyed with every single bit of the config file and can't seem to
> extend or disable it.  HELP!!

Help is on the way:)

This is quite simple to achieve on Sipura units.  There is a parameter
called

Dial Tone:   350 at -19,440 at -19;10(*/0/1+2)

It defines the frequencies and duration of the tone.  The "10" you see
near the end is the duration.  Simply change it to 60 like this and
you're done:

Dial Tone:   350 at -19,440 at -19;60(*/0/1+2)

I just tried it and it works like you want it.

Hope it helps.

--
Andres
Network Admin