[Asterisk-Users] Cisco ATA and a PayPhone

Michael Greb michael at thegrebs.com
Thu Aug 4 21:16:21 MST 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 11:02:10PM -0500, Andres wrote:
> Mark Johnson wrote:
>
> >Hi Mark,
> >
> >>I've done this using SPA-2000, SPA-2000 can generate polarity
> >>reversal signal, The pay-phone detects "call answer" and "hangup" by
> >>revesal signal.
> >>also the pay-phone must be supported polarity reversal detection.
> >>
> >Anyone got any suggestions?  I need to know what piece of hardware I
> >need (ATA preferably) that allows me to pick up an analog phone, sit
> >idle and not get the reorder tones for at least 1 minute.  I am
> >currently using a Cisco ATA-188 and I get them at 10 seconds.  I've
> >monkeyed with every single bit of the config file and can't seem to
> >extend or disable it.  HELP!!
> >
> Help is on the way:)
>
> This is quite simple to achieve on Sipura units.  There is a parameter
> called
>
> Dial Tone:   350 at -19,440 at -19;10(*/0/1+2)
>
> It defines the frequencies and duration of the tone.  The "10" you see
> near the end is the duration.  Simply change it to 60 like this and
> you're done:
>
> Dial Tone:   350 at -19,440 at -19;60(*/0/1+2)
>
> I just tried it and it works like you want it.
>
> Hope it helps.

Since he already has a Cisco ATA, the best bet would be setting the ATA
up in hotline mode.  When you take the payphone of hook, the ATA will
automatically dial an extension you define.  You can then use DISA with
no-password or playtones, if necessary, to generate the dial tone from
Asterisk rather then the ATA.

Michael