[Asterisk-Users] WHat does it take

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Tue Aug 2 13:57:59 MST 2005

> "Can somebody please help here. At least respond and call me a moron.
> I have tried everything. I finally gave up and installed asterisk at home
> from the iso and I am back to the exact same problem. Everything seems
> to work but my extensions are all busy. I used the AMP setup tool to
> add my zap extensions. If I view the console this is what happens when
> I call form one extension to the next. In the extensions setup when it
> asks what channel do I have to use a 2 digit number or something? This
> is a Digium TDM22B card. All the zaptel stuff seems to be working. And
> I can call out as well."

Uses crystal ball...

OK -

  - log into your asterisk at home system (username root, password password)
  - type "asterisk -r" and hit enter
  - you will see a CLI> prompt
  - type "set verbose 9" and hit enter
  - plug a phone into one of the FXS ports, and pick up the handset.
  - Look at the message "Starting simple switch on 'Zap/2-1'" or similar
  - Note the first number after the Zap/ - that is the channel number for
    that phone.
  - Now plug into the other FXS port and repeat - that is the other
    channel number.
  - Now go to Asterisk at Home's AMP page for extensions and add type "Zap"
    extensions for the two channel numbers.
  - pick up one phone, dial the extension of the other.  hear ringing.

Aside:

  - you did remember to plug a power connector into your TDM22B card,
right?
  - and you have detected yout zaptel card?  (type help-aah for help)

Yours,
Steve