[Asterisk-Users] WHat does it take

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Tue Aug 2 10:34:56 MST 2005

I found your original message:

"Can somebody please help here. At least respond and call me a moron.
I have tried everything. I finally gave up and installed asterisk at home
from the iso and I am back to the exact same problem. Everything seems
to work but my extensions are all busy. I used the AMP setup tool to
add my zap extensions. If I view the console this is what happens when
I call form one extension to the next. In the extensions setup when it
asks what channel do I have to use a 2 digit number or something? This
is a Digium TDM22B card. All the zaptel stuff seems to be working. And
I can call out as well."

I must admit, I've not seen many messages quite as useless as this
one.  First you are using Asterisk at Home, which few of us use.  Second
you didn't bother to paste the output of the CLI for a failed call.
You also did not post the relevant parts of your sip.conf or
extensions.conf.  Unfortunatly posting these things are not going to
be very useful since you are using Asterisk at Home and I can't read
their config files.

Tim King wrote:

> How many times do you ask for help here before getting a respone? Every
> single thing I do No matter what I get busy extensions. I am willing to pay
> someone to help here. Anybody got a clue?

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain