[Asterisk-Users] chan_zap graceful failure

Jeb Campbell jebc at c4solutions.net
Fri Apr 29 11:54:06 MST 2005

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> No; if the driver didn't load that's a major problem.  Remember that if the
> channel doesn't exist all the subsequent channels "move up"...  serious
> potential security issues.

Good points.  What if it kept the number (so nothing "moved up"), but
marked the channel inuse (or even better a new non working status code).

> I'd rather have the system as it is, where it fails out with an error that is
> easy to understand so I can fix the problem.

I agree that it should be a very loud error (and possibly repeated
notifications on the console).  But I also think that it should be able
to limp along.  What would you think of a commercial phone system that
completely dies when one port dies?

I appreciate your points (thats why I wanted to discuss this), maybe we
could satisfy both with an option in zapata.conf (keepgoing=yes)?

Thanks,

Jeb
--
Jeb Campbell