[Asterisk-Users] pridialplan/TON question

Tue Apr 26 06:42:34 MST 2005

Hi Peter!

Peter Svensson wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>>Anyway, if I set TON to unknown, I have to send the number according to
>>the PSTN dialing plan (00 for int, 0 for national, ...). Thus, if the
>>PBX does not use UNKNOWN, I have to translate the numbers out of their
>>original TON to ton=unknown. Therefore, I need to process the incoming
>>TON. How do I handle this?
>
> You have two options:
>
> 1) Use the CALLINGTON variable in the dialplan. This is only for the
>    calling party number, not the called party number.

Bad thing. I guess this is an important feature when interacting with
existing PBXs. How are other people deal with this (processing the TON
of the called number)?

> 2) Use the internationalprefix, nationalprefix, localprefix etc settings
>    in the zapata.conf file. I _think_ this will affect both the
>    interpretation of calling and called party and possibly also the
>    TON of the called number for outgoing links. I am nut sure under
>    which circumstances these variables are applied.

Nothing of this is included in stable version. I'm sure I'm not the
first person putting an asterisk box between a PBX and the telco line.
Is everboy using asterisk CVS out there?

regards,
klaus