[Asterisk-Users] pridialplan/TON question

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Tue Apr 26 07:43:53 MST 2005

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Klaus Darilion wrote:

> > You have two options:
> >
> > 1) Use the CALLINGTON variable in the dialplan. This is only for the
> >    calling party number, not the called party number.
>
> Bad thing. I guess this is an important feature when interacting with
> existing PBXs. How are other people deal with this (processing the TON
> of the called number)?

It would not be very hard to create a CALLEDTON variable. The information
is sent from libpri to chan_zap. A few more fields in chan_zap and a
little bit of code in pbx.c.

I really _ really_ wish asterisk would stop using the pseudo-variables and
simply store stuff in the dialplan variables (like PRI_CAUSE etc already
do). These pseudo-variables are stupid since in most cases reading and
writing them is not time critical.

> > 2) Use the internationalprefix, nationalprefix, localprefix etc settings
> >    in the zapata.conf file. I _think_ this will affect both the
> >    interpretation of calling and called party and possibly also the
> >    TON of the called number for outgoing links. I am nut sure under
> >    which circumstances these variables are applied.
>
> Nothing of this is included in stable version. I'm sure I'm not the
> first person putting an asterisk box between a PBX and the telco line.
> Is everboy using asterisk CVS out there?

We use cvs from an old date (predating these functions) but with quite a
few additional patches of our own. there is currenctly a showstopper bug
where the dtmf-detecting dsp is disabled on outbound call legs. Bad if you
need #-transfers.

Peter