[Asterisk-Users] pridialplan/TON question

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Tue Apr 26 06:06:49 MST 2005

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Anyway, if I set TON to unknown, I have to send the number according to
> the PSTN dialing plan (00 for int, 0 for national, ...). Thus, if the
> PBX does not use UNKNOWN, I have to translate the numbers out of their
> original TON to ton=unknown. Therefore, I need to process the incoming
> TON. How do I handle this?

You have two options:

1) Use the CALLINGTON variable in the dialplan. This is only for the
   calling party number, not the called party number.

2) Use the internationalprefix, nationalprefix, localprefix etc settings
   in the zapata.conf file. I _think_ this will affect both the
   interpretation of calling and called party and possibly also the
   TON of the called number for outgoing links. I am nut sure under
   which circumstances these variables are applied.

Isdn handling in Asterisk tends to be these kinds of hacks.

Peter