[Asterisk-Users] pridialplan/TON question

Marc Storck marc.storck at msnetworks.lu
Tue Apr 26 06:28:25 MST 2005

>>Anyway, if I set TON to unknown, I have to send the number according to
>>the PSTN dialing plan (00 for int, 0 for national, ...). Thus, if the
>>PBX does not use UNKNOWN, I have to translate the numbers out of their
>>original TON to ton=unknown. Therefore, I need to process the incoming
>>TON. How do I handle this?
>

> You have two options:
>
> 1) Use the CALLINGTON variable in the dialplan. This is only for the
>    calling party number, not the called party number.
>
> 2) Use the internationalprefix, nationalprefix, localprefix etc settings
>    in the zapata.conf file. I _think_ this will affect both the
>    interpretation of calling and called party and possibly also the
>    TON of the called number for outgoing links. I am nut sure under
>    which circumstances these variables are applied.
>
> Isdn handling in Asterisk tends to be these kinds of hacks.

I have a Digium E100P card, with an EuroISDN PRI E1. On incoming calls
the CALLINGTON variable is empty. I have the latest stable version of
asterisk. Do I have to use another variable or is the TON only support
in CVS?

Marc

--
CTO                            Marc Storck
MS Networks SA                 mstorck at msnetworks.lu
IT Service Provider            http://www.msnetworks.lu
15, route d'Esch               Phone: +352 2727 3030
L-4450 Belvaux                 Fax:   +352 2727 3060

--------------- MS Networks powered service ---------------
http://www.LuxAdmin.com       Hosting and housing solutions