[Asterisk-Users] pridialplan/TON question

Tue Apr 26 05:14:55 MST 2005

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:
> Klaus Darilion wrote:
>> e.g. in the follwing scenario:
>> PBX---> asterisk ----> PSTN
>>
>> 1. The PBX sends SETUP messages with the appropriate TON. I want to
>> rewrite the called number into a common format to make an ENUM lookup.
>> Thus, I need to query the TON sent by the PBX and add the correct
>> prefixes.
>>
>> 2. Further, in case of unsuccessful ENUM lookups, I want to forward
>> the SETUP message to the PSTN, again using the appropriate TON. CVS
>> version allows the setting of pridialplan=dynamic. But I want to use
>> stable as this is for a stable machine. Can I implement this with
>> stable asterisk?
>
> I always thought that if you set pridialplan=unknown the telco would not
> munge the digits.

Anyway, if I set TON to unknown, I have to send the number according to
the PSTN dialing plan (00 for int, 0 for national, ...). Thus, if the
PBX does not use UNKNOWN, I have to translate the numbers out of their
original TON to ton=unknown. Therefore, I need to process the incoming
TON. How do I handle this?

regards,
klaus