[Asterisk-Users] Alternatives to SpanDSP??

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Apr 26 05:12:57 MST 2005

Why would you expect a bunch of fax modems to work any better than
spandsp? If spandsp doesn't work reliably your system is very likely broken.

I have had hundreds of complaints about spandsp reliability. I have
analysed at least 50 or 60 audio logs. I have found maybe 5 or 6 which
has real spandsp problems. The rest had frame slips. Of the 5 or 6 with
real problems, most have been fixed in the latest version. I have one
weird audio log from a new HP combination printer and fax machine that i
haven't sorted out yet. These HP machines really are total crap. I have
workarounds in spandsp for several blatently wrong things they do. I
don't yet know who is at fault with this latest problem.

Regards,
Steve