[Asterisk-Users] Alternatives to SpanDSP??

Mon Apr 25 17:12:51 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 17:07 -0400, Jeremy Melanson wrote:
> More like, I already have enough Digium cards, and I don't want purchase
> a bunch of fax/modems and more Digium cards than I alrady have.
> I have a PRI line that I'd like to support high-volume faxing on. I've
> gotten SpanDSP to work with * over the PRI, but I need a more
> reliability.
> That, and I guess I'm probably just being cheap too :-)

OK, now you are finally making sense (to me :)

Why not just (yeah, just) debug the issues you see, and try to have them
fixed. From what I have seen on the list, most people seem to be able to
use spandsp for faxing without a problem.

It would be interesting to hear from someone regularly receive more than
say 100 faxes per day from 'random' fax machines using spandsp? or
better, some other large number per day :)

Regards,
Adam

Adam Goryachev
Website Managers