[Asterisk-Users] ztcfg doesn't do anything from /etc/rc.d/rc.local

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sun Apr 24 15:45:58 MST 2005

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 06:45:15AM +0200, Remco Barende wrote:
> When using bristuff I do get an error too if I don't load zaptel first but
> not with the tdm driver.
>
> I know that in my modprobe.conf it is specified that ztcfg should be run
> after loading the module but.... why doesn't it?

That's a good question.

cat <<EOF >/usr/local/sbin/ztcsfg_trace
#!/bin/sh
exec -o /tmp/ztcfg.trace /sbin/ztcfg "$@"
EOF
chmod 755 /usr/local/sbin/ztcfg_trace

Now edit that modprobe file and use /usr/local/sbin/ztcfg_trace instead
of ztcfg. Does it get executed? (does the file /tmp/ztcfg.trace get
generated?) What happens?

> For some reason ztcfg is only 'accepted' when run from the cli

One wild guess: someone uses the name 'ztcfg' and /sbin/ztcfg is not on
the PATH when run from the init script?