[Asterisk-Users] Demo phones with advertisement announcements

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri Apr 22 17:05:33 MST 2005

Let me make sure I understand correctly, you have an existing system,
you want to put dialing constraings for demo accounts that will allow
them to call with an AbsoluteTimeout() of 2 minutes, log the number
dialed to prevent calling the same number (sounds like an AGI), randomly
play some sound file that is just recording you placed on your system
(content irrelavant).

If this is the case, and I now believe it to be, but who knows :) It
would seem to me that you could do this with an AGI, 'ad' files could be
streamed (or the playback command) from the AGI, and the AGI could
integrate into whatever database scheme (flat file, mysql, postgress,
rtisam, whatever) you have in place.  This would enable the AGI to track
usage.

Off the top of my head it does not seem that this would be that complex
to do, since you could use native asterisk commands (rather than say
writing the code to play a file yourself) and well documented database
integration.

Is there something I missed?  Is the point of this all wrong?

--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402