[Asterisk-Users] Re: Starting with Asterisk-SIP

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 07:22:10 MST 2005

Hi Ruben. You can make a direct IP call. If the 2 sip phones can ping
each other (that is, both are reachable in the network), then in
kphone select the option File > New Call, then type
sip:number at sipdeviceip , the 'number' is the number wich is configured
in kphone, sipdeviceip will be the IP of the machine that is running
the kphone application. Note that this kind of call does not have
nothing to do with Asterisk, the phones are using sip protocol without
asterisk in the middle. When kphone makes a register to asterisk, then
you dont need to specify sip:blahblah at blahbla... you only dial a
number and the number is immediatly sent to asterisk wich routes the
call where the dialplan says.

Ah, and by the way, where do you study? i just graduate of electronics
and como eng. too :-)

Good look.
- Moisés Silva

"Su nombre es GNU/Linux, no solamente Linux, mas info en http://www.gnu.org"