[Asterisk-Users] Re: Starting with Asterisk-SIP

ruben cuevas rumin rcuevasrumin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 05:53:34 MST 2005

Hi Flavio,

I asked for help to start with asterisk some weeks ago.
Thanks for your help and thanks to other people who reply my mail.

At this moment I have configured asterisk and I have two clients ( I'm
using Kphone software like SIP client), the asterisk regist correctly
the clients, it's mean, the SIP register works fine. But I can't
stablish a connection between client 1 and client 2.

Mi test is very simple, I have the clients and the asterisk in the
same LAN. I would like to stablish a SIP connection between the
clients. So in kphone at client 1 I execute: sip:client2 at ip_client2.
But this doesn't work. I think my problem is the dialplan.

I would like to know if for this simple test (communication using IP
address directly) , need I a dialplan or no??? And if I need a
dialplan, where I could obtain any example of a extension.conf file
for this simple test. (because I only find examples for other more
difficult implementations).

It would be great if you, flavio, or other people could help me.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

                             Rubén.