[Asterisk-Users] cannot dial two phones using zap

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Mon Apr 18 04:41:56 MST 2005

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 10:02:48AM +0800, Eddie wrote:
> > So the Panasonic extension dialed by Zap/3/206 command will ring and Zap/4/221 will not ring at all, even before ext 206 is picked up?
> Yes, exactly. Zap/4/221 won't ring at all.
>
> > If you have two extensions numbered 211 & 212, why are you using 206 and 221 in your Dial command?
> 211 & 212 is plugged to asterisk, for dialing purpose.
> 206 & 221 is the extension I want to dial to.
>
> > I would try this:
> > 1. Make sure either extension will ring all by itself.
> Yes, they do ring all by itself.

Okay, so we know that either one will work by itself.

> > 2. Ring both at the same time, but put them in the other order in the Dial() command and see if that makes a difference.
> I've tried this:
> exten => 3,1,Dial(Zap/3/206,10)
> exten => 3,2,Wait(2)
> exten => 3,3,Dial(Zap/4/221,10)
> exten => 3,4,Hangup
>
> Zap/3/206 won't hangup / timeout. It just keep ringing and won't stop. :)

What does the * log tell you?  Go to the CLI, set verbose 3 and see what
happens when you dial the above dialplan.

> > 3. Rather than having:
> >                 channel => 3,4
> >         try
> >                 channel => 3
> >                 channel => 4
> >         just for fun.
> Tried this. No difference.

I'm not surprised, I didn't think it would do anything...

> > 4. I don't know much about that Panasonic PBX, but are you sure calling two
> >         lines at the exact same time isn't messing it up?
> Not sure.

If I were you, I would try testing without the panasonic PBX to make sure that
the FXOs and your zap settings are correct.

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.