[Asterisk-Users] cannot dial two phones using zap

Eddie tradesearch at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 19:02:48 MST 2005

> So the Panasonic extension dialed by Zap/3/206 command will ring and Zap/4/221 will not ring at all, even before ext 206 is picked up?
Yes, exactly. Zap/4/221 won't ring at all.

> If you have two extensions numbered 211 & 212, why are you using 206 and 221 in your Dial command?
211 & 212 is plugged to asterisk, for dialing purpose.
206 & 221 is the extension I want to dial to.

> I would try this:
> 1. Make sure either extension will ring all by itself.
Yes, they do ring all by itself.

> 2. Ring both at the same time, but put them in the other order in the Dial() command and see if that makes a difference.
I've tried this:
exten => 3,1,Dial(Zap/3/206,10)
exten => 3,2,Wait(2)
exten => 3,3,Dial(Zap/4/221,10)
exten => 3,4,Hangup

Zap/3/206 won't hangup / timeout. It just keep ringing and won't stop. :)

> 3. Rather than having:
>                 channel => 3,4
>         try
>                 channel => 3
>                 channel => 4
>         just for fun.
Tried this. No difference.

> 4. I don't know much about that Panasonic PBX, but are you sure calling two
>         lines at the exact same time isn't messing it up?
Not sure.