[Asterisk-Users] dynamic callrouting and billing?

Rod Bacon rod.bacon at empoweredcomms.com.au
Sun Apr 17 23:18:16 MST 2005

I assume you'll be using IAX2 to connect all the servers? In each case, all
you need is to match the pattern for the extension then send the call to
another * server for final processing. If you only want to maintain this in
one place, you could use ARA (Asterisk Realtime Architecture) and store the
dialplan in a central database. I've tested this, and it (the dialplan part
of ARA) seems to work OK. Given that the call routing will only be 30 lines
per server config, I'd probably just manage them in the traditional
(distributed, text file based) sense myself.

As far as billing goes, we're writing our own system to use the asterisk CDR
(stored locally on each server). We haven't determined a roll-up strategy
for the databases yet, though being SQL, this is pretty easy to handle.