[Asterisk-Users] dynamic callrouting and billing?

Mon Apr 18 00:01:24 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 16:18 +1000, Rod Bacon wrote:
> I assume you'll be using IAX2 to connect all the servers? In each case, all
> you need is to match the pattern for the extension then send the call to
> another * server for final processing. If you only want to maintain this in
> one place, you could use ARA (Asterisk Realtime Architecture) and store the
> dialplan in a central database. I've tested this, and it (the dialplan part
> of ARA) seems to work OK. Given that the call routing will only be 30 lines
> per server config, I'd probably just manage them in the traditional
> (distributed, text file based) sense myself.

Isn't that what DuNDI (or whatever the correct capitalisation is), is
supposed to do?

My understanding (and I hope people will correct me if I am wrong) is
that dundi is to asterisk what BGP4 is to routers... except that you
never actually store the entire table locally, you ask your 'peers' at
the time you want to dial...

I've not yet had a chance to look into this yet, but it is on my todo
list...

Regards,
Adam