[Asterisk-Users] cannot dial two phones using zap

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Fri Apr 15 03:25:13 MST 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 11:04:43AM +0800, Eddie wrote:
> I do understand how Dial works, but Zap/4 hungup immediately before
> Zap/3 is answered. Zap/4 doesn't even rings.

So the Panasonic extension dialed by Zap/3/206 command will ring and Zap/4/221
will not ring at all, even before ext 206 is picked up?

> Sorry I didn't mention about this earlier,
> 206 & 221 are extensions connected to a Panasonic KX-TD1232 pbx.

I missed that in your zapata.conf snipped.

> I have two extensions 211 & 212 connected to my TDM400p FXO ports.

If you have two extensions numbered 211 & 212, why are you using 206 and 221
in your Dial command?

I would try this:
1. Make sure either extension will ring all by itself.
2. Ring both at the same time, but put them in the other order in the Dial()
	command and see if that makes a difference.
3. Rather than having:
		channel => 3,4
	try
		channel => 3
		channel => 4
	just for fun.
4. I don't know much about that Panasonic PBX, but are you sure calling two
	lines at the exact same time isn't messing it up?

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.