[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk PBX with X100P in India

Vikram Rangnekar vicky at freebsdcluster.net
Fri Apr 15 22:42:30 MST 2005

+++ Min Hwan Chang [15/04/05 01:29 -0700]:
> I'm currently trying to set up an Asterisk PBX system in India.
> However I'm having trouble configuring the X100P to dial out on the
> POTS line.  Does anyone have any knowledge about this?
>
> I know the telephone system is a bit different in India, so would the
> X100P not be suitable?  Is there a change I need to make in the
> Zaptel.conf or zapata.conf?
>
> Because I'm using Asterisk at Home 0.6, the extensions.conf is also
> pretty frustrating...
>
> Any help here would be appreciated.

Just so that you know that would be considered illigal in India if you are
planning to have VIP extensions on that Asterisk install also. Many people
have been raided and even sent to jail for terminating PSTN and VOIP on the
same PBX.

--
regards
Vikram (http://www.vicramresearch.com)