[Asterisk-Users] large analog to asterisk

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Fri Apr 15 15:08:16 MST 2005

Andy Hamilton wrote:

>And then you'd need to purchase 700 VoIP phones; not a small investment. With all due respect to Mr. Schelin, I think the analog method may be best, unless you plan to expand the services that you offer to the guests. If the rooms did have cat3, you could eventually expand your offering to include internet access for the guests, advanced phone features (on the IP phones), etc...

Even Cat 3 anymore could be a real problem
Most inexpensive hubs and switches are 10/100, with no way to lock them
to 10 .

Wear and tear on SIP phones, most hotels are used to paying 12-15 bucks
for room phones, and some always end up walking away..

And then there is the issue of E911. Depending on the location, some
jurisdictions, and I feel sure many more to come, are requiring E911 to
know not only the street address but the room number.

Good luck. Stick with the analog for now.

John Novack