[Asterisk-Users] large analog to asterisk

Andy Hamilton ciscophonefreak at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 14:39:59 MST 2005

And then you'd need to purchase 700 VoIP phones; not a small investment.
With all due respect to Mr. Schelin, I think the analog method may be
best, unless you plan to expand the services that you offer to the
guests. If the rooms did have cat3, you could eventually expand your
offering to include internet access for the guests, advanced phone
features (on the IP phones), etc...
I stray from the topic.

You'll be facing some sort of hardware investment aside from the
server, I think, and that is either IP Phones or a lot of hardware to
support the analog lines, per Rusty's suggestion.

Granted, this will be a large project, I think it would be wise to
weigh the benefits of going to IP Phones now that will most likely go
mainstream in the near future or support an aging but solid analog
technology.

-Andy