[Asterisk-Users] Codecs and * pass through...

Etienne Pretorius etiennep at kingsley.co.za
Wed Apr 13 00:37:32 MST 2005

Clive, cool - winter is getting quite near ova here...

Well, how would I find out what is happening - I mean how do I know what
* is connecting with to net2phone.

	"...They have their own proprietry protocol..."

I thought it was because of the G723.1 codec and passthrough - but the I
must take the voice prompts way. :-)
(Didn't thought that it'll cause a problem - just the warnings and
notices but continue still...) Thank you for that tip.

        "...For G723.1 passthrough, you just allow it..."

So that is in "sip.conf"
[general]
disallow=all;
allow=G723;
allow=ulaw;
allow=alaw;
allow=gsm;

    (some text later)

[net2phone]
    (some text)
canreinvite=yes;
    (some text)

Sources for net2phone:

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20settings%20Net2phone
    http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Net2phone

PS - I do get a frame error about expecting 4 getting 256 when * is
trying to initiate to call through to net2phone device MAX IP-10 through
    the net2phone network - could be that protocall you were talking
about or have I completely missed the plot?

Kind Regards
Etienne