[Asterisk-Users] Codecs and * pass through...

Etienne Pretorius etiennep at kingsley.co.za
Tue Apr 12 23:52:20 MST 2005

Hello all,

I came a cross a problem yesterday that I don't quite know how to solve.
I am trying to use * to connect to net2phone, and have a net2phone MAX
IP-10 connect to net2phone. From the settings on
http://www.voip-info.org/ it was easy to get asterisk to connect to the
network - acting like a net2phone device/user. Anyway the problem arose
when attempting to call the MAX IP-10 device through the net2phone
network. They seem to be using the G732.1 codec. I have in my settings
in sip.conf allow=G732.1 or what ever flavour of the like and still I
can not talk to the two devices. I googled a bit and came across the
fact of * being able to do a pass through - well I was not successful
and this subject is either simple or not well documented. The devices
are using SIP and there is a bridge initiated, but there is no audio and
no voice being passed through... I have tried connecting as the
receiving device a GrandStrem Budge Tone-100 and still no luck. So all
that I am inquiring is has anyone successfully done a pass through and
if so can someone please guide me through some of the settings. I have
set the [net2phone] with a canreinvite=yes - that a post on a forum also
suggested, and that also did not work.

On a separate issue: When the Grandstream Budge Tone-100 is connected on
the internal network then the audio and the voice in both directions
work fine. But when the device is connected on a separate network - ie
on an other ADSL line, then the device doesn't send voice packets
although is receives packets. I have opened up IPTABLES, to allow udp
5060 and udp 10000:20000 in both directions on any interface and the
problem still persists. (SIP phone: Grandstream Budge Tone 100 connects
to * and the call is answered by a Softphone X-Lite with all the codecs
enabled. As far as I can tell thy both are "speaking" with a G711 codec
ULaw/ALaw).

So can anyone please give me a guideline or some advise on where to look
to solve the problem.

--
Kind Regards
Etienne